Tourism in a green and healthy way? It is the only way!
How can we make regions more attractive to tourists in a green and healthy way?
The project INSIGHTS is about finding solutions for this question by developing tourism strategies, which not only make a region more attractive to tourists, but also protect its natural and cultural resources. Regions in INSIGHTS all have outstanding natural and cultural resources, and at the same time they have a great potential related to the fast-growing recreational trend of slow, green and healthy tourism.
What are the main outcomes of the project?
The development of eight integrated sustainable tourism strategies that will be developed by the partner regions and will be adaptable all across the Danube-region.
What are the outputs of the project?
- Smart card system
- Tourism packages
- Trail guide applications
- Eco-education related new tourism services encouraging environmentally-friendly and healthy living
- Slow tourism network offering recreational programmes
- Eco-tourism model for urban areas
Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (Slovakia)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (Austria)
- Institute for Tourism (Croatia)
- CEEweb for Biodiversity (Hungary)
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia (Slovenia)
- Harghita County Council (Romania)
- Zala County Government (Hungary)
- Local Action Group “Central Istria” (Croatia)
- Regional Development Agency with Business Support Centre for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (Bulgaria)
- Donautal-Aktiv e.V. (Germany)
- Regional Economic Development Agency for Šumadija és Pomoravlje (Serbia)
- Plovdiv District Administration (Bulgaria)
- Istrian Region – Administrative Department for Tourism (Croatia)
- Komárom-Esztergom County (Hungary)
01.01.2017 – 30.06.2019
The project is co-funded by the European Union funds (ERDF, IPA).
Value: 2 308 170,55 EUR
Follow INSIGHTS project on:
Web page: www.interreg-danube.eu/insights
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/InsightsDanube
Twitter page: twitter.com/INSIGHTS_Danube